Friday, January 13, 2017

January 14, 2017 - COME TO ME - JESUS


Day 14 - Genesis 33-35 & Matthew 11

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  (Matthew 11:28-30 ESV)

Jesus invites you and me who struggle with life’s challenges and burdens to find real and lasting rest in Him. He specifically calls us to follow His example of humility and faithful service. Whatever others may say about any negative aspects of following Jesus, He assures us that it is really easy for those who trust in Him.

In this hymn stanza we are reminded of the how Jesus removes our burden of sin as He comes to us in His precious meal. What a blessing it is for the St. Paul’s family to be able to receive the Lord’s Supper every week!

Weary am I and heavy laden,
With sin my soul is sore opprest;
Receive me graciously, and gladden
My heart, for I am now Thy guest.
Lord, may Thy body and Thy blood
Be for my soul the highest good! 
 (I Come, O Savior, To Thy Table, Lutheran Service Book, Concordia Publishing House, 2006, #618, Stanza 4)

Holy Spirit, thank You for enabling me to accept Jesus’s gracious invitation. This day, and every day, remind me that it is far easier and more blessed to follow my Jesus, who has paid for all of my sins. And Lord Jesus, may Your body and Your blood be for my soul Your highest good. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor Dave Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment