Monday, July 22, 2024

Tuesday, July 23, 2024 - THIRSTING FOR GOD


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Tuesday, July 23, 2024 - Day 205 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 41-43; Acts 24)

THIRSTING FOR GOD
 
As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  (Psalm 42:1-2 ESV)  
  
What a wonderful gift God gave David! The repentant and forgiven sinner was given a deep desire to be as close to His Savior as possible. 
Do you have a deep desire to be as close as possible to God? 

● Read and meditate on His Word. 
● Worship Him faithfully each week. 
● Remember that God loves you with a love than never ends.

This is precisely what David is getting at in Psalm 63:

1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
    my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
    as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
    beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
    my lips will praise you.

   1.  I am Jesus' little lamb, 
Ever glad at heart I am;
For my Shepherd gently guides me, 
Knows my need and well provides me,
Loves me ev'ry day the same, 
Even calls me by my name. 

   2   Day by day, at home, away, 
Jesus is my staff and stay. 
When I hunger, Jesus feeds me, 
Into pleasant pastures leads me;
     When I thirst, He bids me go 
     Where the quiet waters flow. 
(“I Am Jesus' Little Lamb,” LSB 740)

Lord, thank You for my salvation. Like David, may I thirst for Your presence in my life. Amen. 
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment