Thursday, March 31, 2016

April 1, 2016 - Day 92 - HOPE IN THE MIDDLE OF GRIEF AND DESPAIR

Jeremiah Friday (chapters 1-6)

“Jeremiah grieves for Judah and its people, lamenting their imminent destruction. The same God who created the world by His powerful Word has pronounced judgement upon His sinful and rebellious people. 
●  Even in the midst of his grief, Jeremiah voices a word of hope–all is not lost. 
●  God is faithful to His promises of salvation. 
●  Today, He also remains faithful to you, even in the midst of grief and despair.” 
(Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 1214) 

O God, my faithful God,
True fountain ever flowing,
Without whom nothing is,
All perfect gifts bestowing:
Give me a healthy frame,
And may I have within
A conscience free from blame,
A soul unstained by sin.
  (O God, My Faithful God, Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2006, #696 stanza 1) 

Faithful God, my heavenly Father, I confess that I am like Judah, sinful and rebellious. I deserve Your judgment. Thank You for Your mercy showered upon me through Jesus. May I spend the rest of my life telling others about You. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment