Monday, December 2, 2019

December 3, 2019 - WHITE AS SNOW


Day 337 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 3:1-17; Psalm 125; 1 Corinthians 14:1-25) 

“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
    they shall become like wool.” (Isaiah 1:18 ESV) 

While we certainly are not ready to start thinking of snow, the first chapter of Isaiah contains the assurance that, in Christ, all repentant believers are declared righteous and white as snow and wool. I guess wool and snow do go together like wool gloves and winter!

Because of Jesus’ substitutionary death, now sinners and their Savior go together as well, and we are declared “white as snow.” 

Lord Jesus, I long to be perfectly whole;
I want Thee forever to live in my soul.
Break down every idol, cast out every foe;
Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Refrain
Whiter than snow, yes, whiter than snow.
Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
(“Lord Jesus, I Long to Be Perfectly Whole,” words by James L. Nicholson, 1872)

Lord Jesus, thank You for making me whiter than snow by shedding Your precious blood on the cross of Calvary. Please strengthen my faith and keep me Yours forever. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment