Thursday, September 9, 2021

Friday, September 10, 2021 - A GRAND BLESSING FROM THE LORD

Day 253 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Proverbs 17,18 2 Cor. 2)

A GRAND BLESSING FROM THE LORD
“Grandchildren are the crown of the aged,
    and the glory of children is their fathers.”   (Proverbs 17:6 ESV) 

When I was a child I certainly thought like a child. Many of the things I thought were so important turned out only to be foolish “dreams.” The blessings in my life are all from the Lord.

● Baptism
● Forgiveness and salvation
● Family

David knew the blessing of family when he wrote: “Grandchildren are the crown of the aged.” I agree with him, even though I don’t see the term “aged” apply to me!

One of the great joys of life is when the members of your family are also members of the family of God. 

  Children of the heav’nly Father
  Safely in His bosom gather;
  Nestling bird nor star in Heaven
  Such a refuge e’er was given.
  (Children of the Heavenly Father, Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #725, stanza 1)

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of family, especially grandchildren. Please keep all faithful to You so that we may remain part of Your eternal family, the Church. Amen.
Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment