Friday, May 20, 2022

Saturday May 21, 2022 - ARE YOU WALKING IN THE LIGHT?

  

"I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Day 141 - (Today’s Bible readings: Proverbs 30; Psalm 119:105-112; 2 Peter 2:1-10)
ARE YOU WALKING IN THE LIGHT?

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105 ESV)

Are you walking in the light? If so, that means that you are taking seriously the directions God’s gives us for such a walk. Listen to what David says a few verses later in chapter 119.

“Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.”

Walking in the Light of God’s Word will prevent you from stumbling.

1. I want to walk as a child of the light; 
    I want to follow Jesus. 
    God set the stars to give light to the world; 
    The star of my life is Jesus.
  Refrain:
    In him there is no darkness at all; 
    The night and the day are both alike. 
    The Lamb is the light of the city of God. 
    Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus.

2. I want to see the brightness of God; 
    I want to look at Jesus. 
    Clear Sun of Righteousness, shine on my path 
    And show me the way to the Father. [Refrain]

3. I’m looking for the coming of Christ; 
    I want to be with Jesus. 
    When we have run with patience the race, 
    We shall know the joy of Jesus. [Refrain]
    (I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light, Lutheran Service Book #411)

Almighty God, may the light of Your Word be my guiding light. May I daily walk in the light of the cross and so glorify You and be used to draw others to Jesus.  Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), undergirds this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:


Then scroll down to 2022 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment