Friday, October 11, 2024

Saturday, October 12, 2024 - KNOW JESUS

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, October 12, 2024 - Day 286 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Isaiah 48,49; Colossians 4 )

KNOW JESUS

“21 They did not thirst when he led them through the deserts; he made water flow for them from the rock;  he split the rock and the water gushed out. 22 ‘There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.’” (Isaiah 48:21-22 ESV) 

Verse 21 reveals the provision and peace that God provided His people as He led them through their 40-year wilderness journey. Verse 22 shows the opposite for the wicked, those who reject Christ and remain in their sins.

Ultimate peace comes only from sins forgiven and eternal life with the Lord guaranteed. 

So which is it for you? NO JESUS or KNOW JESUS? Listen carefully in church, and you will hear of the peace that passes all understanding, peace that only Jesus can provide you.

The hymn writer expresses well the long-lasting blessing of God-given peace...

1. Lord, dismiss us with Your blessing;
    Fill our hearts with joy and peace;
    Let us each, Your love possessing,
    Triumph in redeeming grace.
    O refresh us, O refresh us,
    Trav'ling through this wilderness.

2.Thanks we give and adoration
    For Your Gospel's joyful sound.
    May the fruits of Your salvation
    In our hearts and lives abound.
    Ever faithful, ever faithful
    To Your truth may we be found.

3. Savior, when Your love shall call us
    From our struggling pilgrim way,
    Let not fear of death appall us,
    Glad Your summons to obey.
    May we ever, may we ever
    Reign with You in endless day.
     (Lutheran Service Book #924)

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Jesus to be my Savior. Grant that I may always know and believe in the Prince of Peace. In His saving name. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment