Friday, July 7, 2017

July 8, 2017 - WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE


Day 189 - Job 38-39 & Acts 15:1-21

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said: “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me. Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.” (Job 38:1-4 ESV)

Job is showing the strain of losing everything, including the gift of good health. His extreme physical and emotional pain leads to doubt. Then the Lord questions him. “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?”

The key to the Christian’s life is faith and not knowledge. Job’s message to us today is to remain faithful to the Lord NO MATTER WHAT our circumstances may be. 

Heavenly Father, help me to rely on You and not on my knowledge. Please keep me faithful not matter may happen in my life. I ask this in Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment