Saturday, February 24, 2018

February 25, 2018 - Serving Jesus By Serving Others


Day 56 - (Today’s Bible readings: Genesis 38:13-30; Psalm 51; Matthew 24:3-14)

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[f] you did it to me.’ (Matthew 25:34-40 ESV)

Who inherits the kingdom of heaven?  Jesus teaches us that saving faith shows itself in service to God that takes the form of feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, welcoming the stranger and visiting those who are ill or in prison. In other words, we serve Jesus by helping people in need.  

Helping people (mothers and their babies) is exactly what we have done for the past 25 years through A Place of Refuge. I thank God for His blessings, especially for all of the people He has moved to be part of this ministry for the past quarter century!

Heavenly Father, Lord of Life, thank You for the many blessings You have abundantly showered upon A Place of Refuge for the past 25 years. Please continue to bless this ministry, and all of us, as we attempt to serve You by serving others! Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment