Friday, February 2, 2018

February 3, 2018 - WHO IS JESUS TO YOU?


Day 34 - (Today’s Bible readings: Genesis 25:19-26:11; Psalm 32; Matthew 16:1-20)

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”  (Matthew 16:15-16 ESV)

Jesus asked His disciples: “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” (V.13)

“Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” (V. 14)

The disciples responded by reporting the confusion that surrounded Jesus’ identity. People make similar mistakes today... He is just a prophet. He was a good man. Some history deniers even deny that Jesus ever existed.

Peter’s answer is the right answer... “You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.”

Who is Jesus to you? I hope that you have the same answer as Peter did. Here are some variations

Jesus is my Savior from sin!

Jesus is my source of comfort and peace!

Jesus is my guarantee of eternal life in heaven!

Jesus is my best friend!

Jesus is my everything!

What a Friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear!  
What a privilege to carry Ev’rything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit, Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer.
(“What a Friend We Have in Jesus,” Lutheran Service Book, #770)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for being my Savior and my everything. Please keep me close to You today and always. And please allow me the chance to share You with someone today. In Your precious name. Amen.  

“See” you in church tomorrow morning!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment