Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 30, 2019 - THE ASCENSION OF OUR LORD


Day 150 - (Today’s Bible readings: ASCENSION DAY, Acts 1:1-11; Psalm 47; Ephesians 1:15-23; Luke 24:44-53

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight....”This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:8-11 ESV)

1. On Christ’s ascension I now build 
The hope of my ascension:
This hope alone has always stilled
All doubt and apprehension;
For where the Head is, there as well 
I know His members are to dwell
When Christ will come and call them.

2. Since Christ returned to claim His throne,
Great gifts for me obtaining,
My heart will rest in Him alone,
No other rest remaining;
For where my treasure went before,
There all my thoughts will ever soar
To still there deepest yearning.

3. O grant, dear Lord, this grace to me,
Recalling Your ascension,
That I may serve You faithfully
In thanks for my redemption;
And then, when all my days will cease,
Let me depart in joy and peace
In answer to my pleading. Amen.
(On Christ’s Ascension I Now Build, Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #492)

A blessed Ascension Day to you and your family!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment