Friday, January 1, 2021

January 2, 2021 - THE NINTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS



Day 2 (Genesis 3-5; Matthew 2)
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

THE NINTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS
    ♬ On the ninth day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Nine Ladies Dancing
Eight Maids a-Milking
Seven Swans a-Swimming
Six Geese a-Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Click here for the song:  https://youtu.be/hokOSFamj24
Why ladies dancing on the Ninth Day of Christmas?

On this day we remember the nine fruits of the spirit found in Galatians 5:.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.   (Galatians 5:22-23)

This looks like a pretty good list of New Year’s resolutions. May you be blessed as you “work” at these by prayer, meditation on the Word, and by helping others in the name of the Lord. Above all, stay close to Jesus, repent and believe.

Dear Holy Spirit, please work in my life in this new year so that I may be blessed by the Lord. Please make my heart pure as I hunger and thirst after Your righteous ways. Above all, remind me of sin and of my need for Jesus my Savior. Amen.

Pastor David Paape
LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
Password: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion

IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
Wednesday online Bible Study (Starting January 7) at 7 pm
Password: 843774

No comments:

Post a Comment