Monday, March 15, 2021

March 16, 2021 - MY WORDS FROM HIS MOUTH



Day 75 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Deuteronomy 28; Mark 15:27-47)
MY WORDS FROM HIS MOUTH

And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”  (Mark 15:33-34 ESV)

Who can truly grasp the depth of the Father’s love for sinners that led Him to forsake His beloved Son? And yet, that is exactly what happened as Jesus experienced the hell of crucifixion. Hell, the torment of damnation, prompted Jesus to cry out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Those are the words that I deserve to cry out as I suffer for my sins of thought, word and deed. They come out of Jesus’ mouth instead.

Whence come these sorrows, whence this mortal anguish?
It is my sins for which Thou, Lord, must languish;
Yea, all the wrath, the woe, Thou dost inherit,
This I do merit.
(The Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #439, stanza 3)
Dearest Lord Jesus, thank You for taking my place on the cross and for crying out in forsakenness so that I can spend eternity praising You in heaven. Please continue to forgive my sins and strengthen my faith. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
Password: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion
IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

You Tube link to all previously recorded services:
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

THURSDAY EVENING ONLINE BIBLES CLASS at 7 pm
Password: 843774

No comments:

Post a Comment