Wednesday, March 3, 2021

March 4, 2021 - CHILDREN AND JESUS



Day 63 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Numbers 32,33; Mark 10:1-31)

CHILDREN AND JESUS 

And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them. (Mark 10:13-16 ESV)

For some adults, children are unimportant and should be as unobtrusive as possible. The disciples didn't want Jesus to “waste” His time on children. But Jesus did not agree. “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” 

Jesus is talking about all children. No matter how old we get, Jesus is telling us that we need to have the simple, trusting faith of a child. What does Jesus do with “children” who trust Him with so completely?  He takes them in His arms and blesses them now and forever.

I am Jesus' little lamb, 
Ever glad at heart I am;
For my Shepherd gently guides me, 
Knows my need and well provides me,
Loves me ev'ry day the same, 
Even calls me by my name. 
 (I Am Jesus' Little Lamb, Lutheran Service Book, CPH, #740, stanza 1)

Lord, thank You for calling me by name on the day of my Baptism. What a blessing it is to be one of Your children. Since You love all children of all ages, please use me to help others to know how precious they are to You. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
Password: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion
IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

THURSDAY EVENING ONLINE BIBLES CLASS at 7 pm
Password: 843774

No comments:

Post a Comment