Friday, June 24, 2022

Saturday, June 25, 2022 - ANSWERED PRAYERS

 

"I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Day 176 - (Today’s Bible readings: 1 Kings 18:1-19, Psalm 145; Revelation 19:1-10)

ANSWERED PRAYERS

Psalm 145:18 -21
18 The Lord is near to all who call on him,
    to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desire of those who fear him;
    he also hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord preserves all who love him,
    but all the wicked he will destroy.
21 My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord,
    and let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.

Forty-nine years of prayer..., and yesterday the Lord heard our cry for the lives of babies in the womb, millions of whom have perished in these years. While we wonder why it had to take so long to strike down Roe vs Wade and return abortion legislation to the states, yet these truths remain:

 18 The Lord is near to all who call on him,
    to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desire of those who fear him;
    he also hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord preserves all who love him,
    but all the wicked he will destroy.

A point to remember is that the Lord is near to you as well, even though it may seem to be taking forever for the truth to be revealed in your life. The Lord wants to save and preserve you no matter what is going on in your life and in the world around you.

And how do we respond when we see His answer to our prayers?

21 My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord,
    and let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.

Heavenly Father, Lord of Life, thank You for answering the many decades of prayer for mothers and babies in our land. Please grant us peace as we work together to help mothers in need give their children the precious gift of life. Please remind me that You are with me too and that you will answer my prayers in Your way and in Your time. In Jesus’ life-affirming name. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), undergirds this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:


Then scroll down to 2022 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment