Saturday, April 8, 2023

Sunday, April 9, 2023 - FACT - CHRIST IS RISEN!


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer

Sunday, April 9, 2023 - Day 99 - (Today’s Bible readings:  Acts 10:34-43; Psalm 118; Colossians 3:1-4; Matthew 28:1-10)

FACT - CHRIST IS RISEN!

“16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins... 19 If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.
20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:16-22 ESV) 

The Catechism explains Christ’s victory with the following questions and answers...

Why is Christ's resurrection so important and comforting?
Christ's resurrection proves that
A. Christ is the Son of God;
B. His doctrine is the truth;
C. God the Father accepted Christ's sacrifice for the reconciliation of the world;
D. All believers in Christ will rise to eternal life.

In foolishness, the world rejects the deity of Jesus. Unbelievers do not accept His teachings to be true. Neither do they see a need for reconciliation and the guarantee of heaven to all who repent and believe. /And they have not hope for the future. But we do have real hope!

Paul put it this way: "If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead... For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead."  (1 Corinthians 15:19-21 ESV)

I know that my Redeemer lives; 
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;  
He lives, my ever-living head.
He lives, all glory to His name!  
He lives, my Jesus, still the same.
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives, 
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
(I Know That My Redeemer Lives, Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #461 stanzas 1+8)

Almighty God my Heavenly Father, I thank You and praise You for raising Jesus from the dead and thereby proving that His death has paid for my sin and guarantees my life forever with You! As I sing Your praise and remember Your story this day, remind me to share it this week with others who also desperately need my risen Savior. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this Easter morning!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment