Saturday, September 9, 2017

September 10, 2017 - A GRAND BLESSING FROM THE LORD


Day 253 - Proverbs 17-18 & 2 Corinthians 2

“Grandchildren are the crown of the aged,
    and the glory of children is their fathers.”   (Proverbs 17:6 ESV) 

When I was a child I certainly thought like a child. Many of the things I thought were so important turned out only to be foolish “dreams.” The blessings in my life are all from the Lord...
Baptism
Forgiveness and salvation
Family

David knew this when he wrote: “Grandchildren are the crown of the aged.” I agree with him, even though I don’t see the term “aged” apply to me!

One of the great joys of life is when the members of your family are also members of the family of God. 

Children of the heav’nly Father
Safely in His bosom gather;
Nestling bird nor star in Heaven
Such a refuge e’er was given.
(Children of the Heavenly Father, Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #725, stanza 1)

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of family, especially grandchildren. Please keep us all faithful to You so that we may remain part of Your eternal family. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

1 comment:

  1. This is a great prayer for this date Sept.10,2017 as My father Terry Dibb passed away that Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete