Monday, September 18, 2017

September 19, 2017 - SINNERS ALL


Day 262 - Ecclesiastes 7-9 & 2 Corinthians 11:1-15

“Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.” (Ecclesiastes 7:20 ESV) 


“What do you call a sin?” That was the response I received from a lady many years ago when I stated that all people are sinners. 

What is sin? “Sin is every thought, desire, word and deed which is contrary to God’s Law.” (Luther’s Small Catechism, CPH, 1986, page 98)

While that lady needed to hear that she was a sinner, she also needed to hear of the glorious hope that God has for all sinners who repent and believe.

“For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV) 

Jesus, the holy, innocent Son of God, took your sins and mine to the cross and paid for every one of them!

O almighty God, merciful Father, I know that I am a poor, miserable sinner. I heartily repent of my sins. Thank You for sending Jesus to shed His holy, precious blood to redeem me and make me Yours forever. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment