Friday, January 19, 2018

January 20, 2018 - STAND UP FOR JESUS


Day 20 - (Today’s Bible readings: Genesis 16, Psalm 18:31-50, Matthew 10:26-42)

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.   (Matthew 10:29-33 ESV) 

● Your value to God is best seen in Jesus’ sacrifice for you 
    when He paid for your sins on the cross!

● Jesus then advises us to acknowledge Him before others 
    with the warning of separation from God the Father if we do not.

32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Today’s illustration is a group of men who take these words seriously. The Robinson family, of the TV series “Duck Dynasty,” have allowed the show to end rather than tone down their clear Christian witness. They are an example of standing up for Jesus.

●  Are you standing up for Jesus? 
●  Does your Christian faith show in your everyday life? 
●  Do you treat others with kindness and consideration? 
●  Do you pray for others in need? 
●  Do you attend church weekly?  
●  Do you share the good news of Jesus with others? 

Listen to these encouraging words:

1. Stand up, stand up for Jesus, Ye soldiers of the cross.
Lift high His royal banner; It must not suffer loss.
From vict'ry unto vict'ry His army He shall lead
Till ev'ry foe is vanquished And Christ is Lord indeed.

4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus; The strife will not be long;
This day the din of battle, The next the victor's song.
The soldiers overcoming, Their crown of life shall see
And with the King of Glory Shall reign eternally.
(Stand Up, Stand up for Jesus, The Lutheran Service Book, CPH #660)

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me so much that You sent Jesus to be my Savior. Please help me to acknowledge Jesus in my daily life.  Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment