Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 21, 2018 - WHOM DO YOU TRUST


Day 21 - (Today’s Bible readings: Genesis 17, Psalm 19, Matthew 11:1-19)

“The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.”
(Psalm 19:7-8 ESV) 

Whom do you trust? The sad fact is that many people aren’t worth trusting; they let us down. We even know that trusting in ourselves isn’t a wise choice either. But look at the words chosen for today.

It is important to search the Scriptures where the Lord proclaims His word of direction, encouragement and salvation to us. Look at the benefits of listening to and trusting the Lord?

“Reviving the soul.”

“Making wise the simple.”

“Rejoicing the heart.”

“Enlightening the eyes.”

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet 
    and a light unto my path.
When I feel afraid, think I’ve lost my way, 
    still You’re there right beside me,
And nothing will I fear as long as You are near.  
    Please be near me to the end.
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet 
    and a light unto my path.

Heavenly Father, thank You for feeding my soul with Your Word. Please help me to believe what I read in the Bible so that I may always trust in the Lord .  Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment