Sunday, May 6, 2018

May 7, 2018 - GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS


Day 127 - (Today’s Bible readings: Leviticus 2; Psalm 118; Mark 11:12-26)

“Praise the LORD, all nations! Extol him, all peoples!
For great is his steadfast love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!” (Psalm 117:1-2 NIV) 

God is faithful. What good news this is for us! While we place a high value on faithfulness, when we are honest, we must admit that we are often unfaithful to God. We think that have a better idea on how to live our lives. Yet God is faithful to us.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
Thou changest not: Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be. 
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
(Great Is Thy Faithfulness, The Lutheran Service Book, LSB #809)

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your great faithfulness to me. Thank You for not treating me as I deserve. In Jesus, my Savior, You truly have provided all that I need. Amen.   

Remember Your faithful God today!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment