Sunday, August 5, 2018

August 6, 2018 - WHEN YOU HAVE CHRIST YOU HAVE EVERYTHING


Day 218 - (Today’s Bible readings: Numbers 32; Psalm 36; John 12:27-43)

“Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!  Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.  Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack.”   (Psalm 34:8-9 ESV) 

We have different ideas of what it means to be blessed.  People say that when you have your health, you have everything.  The Psalmist says, “Blessed by the Lord are all those who fear the Lord.”  Throughout the book of Psalms, David uses the word “fear” to mean “trust in the Lord.”  Those whose refuge is the Lord, those who trust in Him, lack nothing. All those who trust in the Christ of Calvary are forgiven of all sin and guaranteed eternity in heaven. May we all fear (trust) the Lord who showed us His glorious goodness on that Friday we call good! Yes, no matter what your circumstances in life may be, when you have Christ, you have everything!  

   In Christ alone my hope is found.
   He is my light, my strength, my song.
  This Cornerstone, this solid ground
  Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
  
   No guilt in life, no fear in death
   This is the power of Christ in me.
   From life’s first cry to final breath
   Jesus commands my destiny.

   No power of hell, no scheme of man
   Could ever pluck me from His hand.
   ‘Til He returns or calls me home
   Here in the power of Christ I stand.

Lord Jesus, thank You for dying on the cross and rising from the grave for my salvation. Thank You for being with me every second of every day. Thank You for Your mercy and grace that guarantee this forgiven sinner a place in heaven. You are my everything. Please use me to share You with others today. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment