Friday, February 28, 2020

February 29, 2020 - PEACE LIKE A RIVER


Day 60 - (Today’s Bible readings: Isaiah 66:1-6; Psalm 55; Galatians 5:16-6:5)

PEACE LIKE A RIVER

“For thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river.” (Isaiah 66:1 ESV) 

The Lord gives us a most comforting and peaceful picture of heaven. “Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river.”

While this peace will be complete and eternal in the presence of God, His angels, and all believers, we can have a divine measure of peace right now, here on earth.

1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well with my soul.

    (Refrain:) It is well (it is well),
    with my soul (with my soul),
    It is well, it is well with my soul.

2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul. (Refrain)

3. My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to His cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul! (Refrain)

4. And, Lord haste the day, when my faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul. (Refrain)
   (When Peace, Like a River, Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #776)

Click this link to hear this comforting hymn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHe_qmo3gX4

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise of eternal peace. Please grant me peace here on earth as Your Spirit reminds me of the wondrous thought that I bear my sin no more because Your Son bore it for me on the cross. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment