Tuesday, October 13, 2020

October 14, 2020 - BLESS THE LORD

 

Day 288 - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezekiel 42; Psalm 103; Hebrews 10:32-39)

BLESS THE LORD

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit...
He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;  as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:1-4, 10-12 ESV)

Fellow repentant sinner, God has made you holy and fit for heaven. All of your sins are gone, separated from you as far as the east is from the west. WHAT A WONDERFUL REASON TO BLESS THE LORD!

   1. I lay my sins on Jesus, The spotless Lamb of God;
He bears them all and frees us From the accursed load.
I bring my guilt to Jesus To wash my crimson stains
Clean in His blood most precious Till not a spot remains.

   2. I lay my wants on Jesus; All fulness dwells in Him;
He heals all my diseases; My soul He does redeem.
I lay my griefs on Jesus, My burdens and my cares;
He from them all releases; He all my sorrows shares.

   3. I rest my soul on Jesus, This weary soul of mine;
His right hand me embraces; I on His breast recline.
I love the name of Jesus, Immanuel, Christ, the Lord;
Like fragrance on the breezes His name abroad is poured.
        (“I Lay My Sins on Jesus,” Lutheran Service Book #606)

Gracious heavenly Father, I do bless You holy name for all of Your benefits showered upon me every day. Above all, I thank you for not repaying me according to my iniquities. Please continue to sustain me with Your steadfast love.  In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.
LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:


Password now required too: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am 
both with Holy Communion

IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment