Thursday, October 22, 2020

October 23, 2020 - WISDOM COMES FROM...



Day 297 - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezra 3; Psalm 108; James 1:1-18)

WISDOM COMES FROM...

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” (James 1:5 ESV)

Many people think that they are pretty smart. However, if they are living their lives without God, they are actually foolish. 

James encourages us to ask God for wisdom. And what will He give you? The wisdom He gives leads you to look to Jesus, and Jesus alone, for hope and peace. Godly wisdom is found in putting God first and trusting in His gift of forgiveness and heaven.

The hymn writer reminds us of the wisdom of asking the Lord to keep us close to Him...

1. Lord, take my hand and lead me Upon life's way;
    Direct, protect, and feed me From day to day.
    Without your grace and favor I go astray,
    So take my hand, O Savior, and lead the way.

2. Lord, when the tempest rages, I need not fear;
    For you, the Rock of Ages, Are always near.
    Close by your side abiding, I fear no foe,
    For when your hand is guiding, n peace I go.

3. Lord, when the shadows lengthen And night has come,
    I know that you will strengthen My steps toward home,
    Then nothing can impede me, O blessed Friend!
    So, take my hand and lead me Unto the end.
    (Lord, Take My Hand and Lead Me, Lutheran Service Book, #722)

Heavenly Father, thank You for granting me the wisdom to believe in Jesus as my one and only Savior and Lord. Amen.
LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:


Password now required too: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am 
both with Holy Communion

IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment