Tuesday, February 9, 2021

February 10, 2021 - WHAT WILL YOU GIVE ME FOR JESUS?



Day 41 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Leviticus 10-12 Matthew 26:1-19)
WHAT WILL YOU GIVE ME FOR JESUS?

Then one of the twelve, whose name was Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, “What will you give me if I deliver him over to you?” And they paid him thirty pieces of silver. And from that moment he sought an opportunity to betray him. (Matthew 26:14-16 ESV)
What will you give me for Jesus? What a horrid thought! What a treacherous question! Judas, what a scoundrel!

You and I would never ask that question, not for anything. But wait, that is exactly what sin is – trading loyalty to Jesus for ...
  wealth
possessions
fame
power
control
hatred
fear
greed
pride
lewdness
immorality
self-centeredness
unbelief

How does Jesus respond when we sell him out? We find the answer in Paul’s second letter to Timothy.

The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;
if we are faithless, he remains faithful—for he cannot deny himself.
(2 Timothy 2:11-13 EV)

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for being faithful to me even when, by virtue of my sin, I have not been faithful to You. Thank You for not turning Your back on me when I have sold you out to my sinful inclinations. Please continue to shower me with Your amazing grace, forgiving my sins and promising me what I do not deserve--heaven.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
Password: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion
IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

THURSDAY EVENING ONLINE BIBLES CLASS at 7 pm
Password: 843774

No comments:

Post a Comment