Monday, February 8, 2021

February 9, 2021 - HELP SOMEONE FOR JESUS



Day 40 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Leviticus 7-9 Matthew 25:31-46)
HELP SOMEONE FOR JESUS

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’  (Matthew 25:34-40 ESV)
The Lord Jesus is teaching us one of the most important life lessons. How can we serve Jesus? By serving others. It is so simple, and yet many don’t seem to get it. 

Martin Luther brought this point home in one of his Christmas sermons. “And don’t let you people in this congregation think you’d have done any better if you were there. I can just hear you say, “Oh, we would have loved to take care of the Baby Jesus. We would have washed his diapers.” No you wouldn’t!  If you’d been there you wouldn’t have done a bit better, and if you think you would, why don’t you do it for your neighbor in your midst, who is Christ among you?”

Who is Christ among you?

● the hungry
● the thirsty
● the stranger
● the naked
● the sick
● the prisoner
● ANYONE IN NEED

When we serve Jesus by helping others in need, they will be more open to hearing about all that Jesus means to us today, and for our eternal future!

Heavenly Father, open my eyes to the opportunities around me every day to serve Jesus. Helping me to see Jesus in all of the needy. Yes Lord, please use me to reach others for You. In Jesus’ saving name.   Amen.

Pastor David Paape

LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
Password: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion
IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

THURSDAY EVENING ONLINE BIBLES CLASS at 7 pm
Password: 843774

No comments:

Post a Comment