Wednesday, February 10, 2021

February 11, 2021 - WELCOME TO THE TABLE OF THE LORD



Day 42 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Leviticus 13; Matthew 26:20-54)
WELCOME TO THE TABLE OF THE LORD

Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." (Matthew 26:26-28 ESV)
Jesus had you and me on His mind as He looked forward to the rest of the first Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. Just think of it. His bitter suffering and death were fast approaching, and the suffering Servant was focused on instituting His meal in which He serves us His body and blood. What precious treasures He offers us here:

● Forgiveness of sins
● Communion with God and with His people
● Assurance of His constant presence with us
● Preview of the heavenly banquet 

These are the treasures almighty God has FOR YOU in this spiritual meal. 

● What a blessing we are given each week at St. Paul’s as we answer the invitation to the Lord’s Supper! 

● Remember, this is all FOR YOU!

● How wonderful to know that His answer to the following prayer is a forgiving, comforting and empowering “Yes, My body and My blood are given for your highest good.” 

Weary am I and heavy laden,
With sin my soul is sore oppressed;
Receive me graciously, and gladden
My heart, for I am now Thy guest.
Lord, may Thy body and Thy blood
Be for my soul the highest good! Amen.
(I Come, O Savior, to Thy Table, Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006 #618 stanza 4)

Pastor David Paape

LINK to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
Password: 843774

IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion
IN CHURCH WEDNESDAY SERVICE 7 pm with Holy Communion

Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

THURSDAY EVENING ONLINE BIBLES CLASS at 7 pm
Password: 843774

No comments:

Post a Comment