Monday, August 15, 2022

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - THE ASTONISHING WORDS OF JESUS

 

"I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Day 228 - (Today’s Bible readings: 2 Kings 14:23-15:16, Psalm 45; Matthew 22:15-33)
THE ASTONISHING WORDS OF JESUS

“And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” And when the crowd heard it, they were astonished at his teaching. (Matthew 22:31-33 ESV) 

It should not surprise us that the crowd would be astonished at the teaching of the One who is the resurrection and the life. Are you astonished by your risen Savior? Does the fact that He died for you and rose again for your justification move you to awe-filled amazement?. Do you understand how blessed you are to hear about Your Savior?

And where can you continue to hear this good news? See you in church next Sunday!

Heavenly Father, please bless the time I spend listening to your astonishing good news. Please keep me close to You and to Your Church. In Jesus’ saving name.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), undergirds this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:


Then scroll down to 2022 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment