Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Thursday, August 15, 2024 - HOPE BUILT ON JESUS


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Thursday, August 15, 2024 - Day 228 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 105,106; Romans 15:1-20)

HOPE BUILT ON JESUS

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (Romans 15:13 ESV)

The US Constitution does not promise happiness, it simply promises the pursuit of happiness. The Bible does promise joy, genuine, deep down and lasting joy and peace to all who trust in Jesus!

Do you realize how blessed you are to be a child of God? Do you recognize the glorious hope / guarantee of sins forgiven, you relationship with God restored, and heaven promised that you have in Jesus?  

   My hope is build on nothing less 
   Than Jesus blood and righteousness.
   No merit of my own I claim 
   But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
   On Christ the solid Rock I stand; 
   All other ground is sinking sand.
   (Lutheran Service Book, #575 stanza 1)

Lord Jesus, thank You for filling me with hope, joy and peace by taking my place on the cross and covering all of my sins. Help me to not rely on my own deeds but wholly lean on Your precious name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment