Monday, August 5, 2024

Tuesday, August 6, 2024 - THE BEST IS YET TO COME


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Tuesday, August 6, 2024 - Day 219 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 79-81; Romans 8:1-18)

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. (Romans 8:18 ESV)

Life can really be rough sometimes. What we need to remember at those times is simply that our problems and struggles are only temporary. Paul is reminding us that nothing we experience now can compare with the glories of heaven that are waiting for all and any who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus for forgiveness.

 “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9 ESV)

1. Jesus, lead Thou on
    Till our rest be won;
    And although the way be cheerless,
    We will follow calm and fearless;
    Guide us by Thy hand
    To our fatherland.

2.If the way be drear,
    If the Foe be near,
    Let no faithless fears o'ertake us,
    Let not faith and hope forsake us;
    For though many a woe
    To our home we go.

3. When we seek relief
    From a long-felt grief,
    When temptations come alluring,
    Make us patient and enduring;
    Show us that bright shore
    Where we weep no more.

4. Jesus, lead Thou on
    Till our rest is won;
    Heav'nly Leader, still direct us,
    Still support, console, protect us,
    Till we safely stand
    In our fatherland.
    ("Jesus, Lead Thou On," The Lutheran Hymnal, CPH 1941, #410)

Heavenly Father, remind me when things are rough, that this life is only temporary and that the best is yet to come. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment