Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Wednesday, August 14, 2024 - WE ARE THE LORD’S

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Wednesday, August 14, 2024 - Day 227 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Psalm 103,104; Romans 14)

WE ARE THE LORD’S

7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. (Romans 14:7-9 ESV)

The far greater majority of humanity believes that life is all about self... “You only go around once, so live for good old number one,” they say. However, Paul has a different perspective.

1) It’s not about us... “None of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself.” 
2) Whether we live of die, we don’t belong to ourselves... “We are the Lord's.”
While we may not like this concept on the surface, actually, deep down, this is where we fine true peace and comfort. 

“We are the Lord's.”

We belong to the Creator of the universe.
We belong to the Savior of all and any who repent and believe.
He’s in charge. 
He knows what is best for us. 
He loves us with a love that never ends.
He is with us now. 
And He promises that we will be with Him forever in heaven!

“For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.” And His is Y0UR LORD!

1. Christ, the life of all the living, 
Christ, the death of death, our foe,
Christ yourself for me once giving 
To the darkest depths of woe:
Through Thy suff'ring, death, and merit 
Life eternal I inherit.
Thousand, thousand thanks shall be, 
Dearest Jesus, unto Thee.
(Lutheran Service Book #420)

Heavenly Father, please grant me the peace that comes from knowing that I belong to You, and that You are watching over me. Remind me every day that whether I live of die, I am safe in Your loving arms. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment