Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 30, 2017 - JUST SAY THE WORD


Day 89 - JUDGES 1-2 & Luke 7:1-30

And Jesus went with them. When he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends, saying to him, “Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof. Therefore I did not presume to come to you. But say the word, and let my servant be healed. For I too am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me: and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” When Jesus heard these things, he marveled at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, said, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” And when those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the servant well.  (Luke 7:6-10 ESV)

“But say the word, and let my servant be healed.”  These words spoken by a kind Roman centurion moved Jesus to respond: “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” And the servant is healed. Faith in Jesus results in a miracle from Jesus.

“Just say the word.” When someone says these words, they are letting you know that they are there for you. In church, God comes to you with His powerful Word. In fact, the main focus in the Divine Service is God serving you with His Word and Sacraments (Baptism and the Lord’s Supper).

So, when you walk into church next Sunday, I hope that you will have this in mind. “Lord, just say the word.” In other words, ask the Lord to feed your soul with His Word as you hear it read, as you sing it, and as the pastor explains and proclaims it in the sermon.

Dear Lord, please speak to me through Your Word as I hear it in church and as I study the Bible during the week. Open my ears to hear of my sin and of Your plan to forgive my sins and promise me eternal life in heaven. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment