Saturday, March 4, 2017

March 5, 2017 - WHO DO YOU SAY HE IS?


Day 64

And Jesus went on with his disciples to the villages of Caesarea Philippi. And on the way he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that I am?” And they told him, “John the Baptist; and others say, Elijah; and others, one of the prophets.” And he asked them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered him, “You are the Christ.”  (Mark 8:27-29 ESV)

The most important question of all time is this: “Who is Jesus to you?” Some answer merely a prophet, a good man, a spiritual leader.

It is crucial that you have the right answer, and there is only one right answer, Peter’s answer:

“You are the Christ.” Matthew’s version adds, “the Son of the living God.”  (Matthew 16:17 ESV)

Who do you say Jesus is? Jesus is the Son of God, you Savior and Lord, your only hope for forgiveness and heaven.

Beautiful Savior, King of creation, 
Son of God and Son of Man!
Truly I'd love thee, Truly I'd serve thee, 
Light of my soul, my joy, my crown.
 (Beautiful Savior, Lutheran Service Book, Concordia Publishing House, 2006, #357, stanza 1)

Heavenly Father, thank You for granting me the faith to confess with Peter that Jesus is Your Son and my Savior. In His saving name. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment