Friday, October 20, 2017

October 21, 2017 - CHIEF OF SINNERS


Day 294 - Jeremiah 5-6 & 1 Timothy 1

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” (1 Timothy 1:15 KJV) 

1. Chief of sinners though I be,  Jesus shed His blood for me;
Died that I might live on high, Lives that I might never die.
As the branch is to the vine, I am His and He is mine.

2. Oh the height of Jesus' love!  Higher than the heav'ns above,
Deeper than the depths of sea, Lasting as eternity.
Love that found me -  wondrous thought!  Found me when I sought Him not.

3. Only Jesus can impart Balm to heal the wounded heart;
Peace that flows from sin forgiv'n, Joy that lifts the soul to heav'n;
Faith and hope to walk with God In the way that Enoch trod.

4. Chief of sinners though I be, Christ is all in all to me;
All my wants to Him are known, All my sorrows are His own.
He sustains the hidden life  Safe with Him from earthly strife.

O my Savior, help afford by Your Spirit and Your Word! When my wayward heart would stray, keep me in the narrow way; Grace in time of need supply while I live and when I die. Amen.
(“Chief of Sinners Though I Be,” Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #611)

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment