Friday, October 6, 2017

October 7, 2017 - NOTHING OR EVERYTHING?


Day 280 - Isaiah 37-38 & Philippians 3

“But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.” (Philippians 3:7-8 ESV) 

What’s greater than God,
worse than the devil,
poor people have it
rich people need it 
and if you eat it you will die?

This riddle is tied into the two verses from Philippians. Paul counts everything as loss, or NOTHING, because he had come to learn that when You have Christ you have everything.

What the world has to offer really is nothing compared to eternal life promised to all who believe in Christ!

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me everything in Christ Jesus. Please keep me from being tricked into relying on the nothingness of this world instead of Jesus. Amen.

"See" you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment