Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December 14, 2017 - GLORY BE TO JESUS


Day 348 - Amos 1-3 & Revelation 5 

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing! ... To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!” (Revelation 5:12-13) 

Our Lord Jesus, that Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, truly deserves to receive..power / wealth / wisdom / might / honor / glory / blessing. 

There is a beautiful Lenten hymn that describes how we are to glorify and honor the Lamb. 

1. Glory be to Jesus, Who in bitter pains
        Poured for me the life blood From his sacred veins! 

3. Blest through endless ages Be the precious stream
        Which from endless torment Did the world redeem!
“Glory be to Jesus,” Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2003, #433 (1&3) 

Lord Jesus, I do honor and glorify You for shedding Your holy and precious blood for me and my salvation. May the Law of God remind me of my sins, and may Your precious and sin-forgiving Gospel daily renew my love for You. Amen.  

Pastor David Paape 

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment