Thursday, December 14, 2017

December 15, 2017 - SEEK THE LORD AND LIVE


Day 349 - Amos 4-6 & Revelation 6

“-yet you did not return to me...
-yet you did not return to me...
-yet you did not return to me...
-yet you did not return to me...
-yet you did not return to me...
-prepare to meet you God, O Israel!"
 (Amos 4:6-12 ESV)

Five times the Lord attempted to bring His people to their senses so that they would return to Him. He withheld food and water. He sent blight, mildew and pestilence. He killed their young men and made their camp stink. He overthrew them as He did Sodom and Gomorrah. And they still refused to return to God! So they heard the stern warning that they would meet the judgement of God.

This shows us how serious God is about our rebellion and our sin. And yet, in chapter five He provides a way out for rebellious Israel, and for us as well:

“Seek me and live... Seek good, and not evil, that you may live, and so the Lord, the God of hosts, will be with you.”  (Amos 5:4&14 ESV)

Almighty God, thank You for the reminder that You are absolutely serious about sin. Please grant me more wisdom that the Israelites had in this lesson. May the Holy Spirit move me to continually seek You and Your mercy. “Let Your holy angel be with me that the evil foe may have not power over me.” Amen.  

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment