Sunday, November 18, 2018

November 18, 2018 - DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT?


Day 322 - (Today’s Bible readings: Joshua 8:30-9:15; Psalm 119:105-112; Luke 23:44-56)

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105 ESV) 

“God’s Word is our beloved guide to life. It reveals God’s trustworthy promises and eternal mercy. The psalm’s length presents God’s Word like a diamond with 22 facets, each displaying a distinct light. By exhausting every letter in the alphabet, the psalmist demonstrates the breadth of the Word and his own boundless dedication to it. Luther spoke of the making of a theologian on the basis of Psalm 119. A theologian, he held, came from three actions; prayer (oratio), reading or study (meditatio), and affliction (tentatio). . . The Gospel radiates through the psalm as the psalmist describes God’s promises, which save His people. God’s Word is loved because of its message of steadfast love. God is merciful, and this mercy brings life.” (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 972)

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
When I feel afraid, think I’ve lost my way, still You’re there right beside me,
And nothing will I fear as long as You are near.  Please be near me to the end.
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
(Thy Word, text by Amy Grant)

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your enlightening Word that reveals Your gracious call to repentance and Your promise to forgive. Please continue to guide my feet upon Your path as I seek Your will revealed in Your holy Word. Amen.   

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment