Monday, November 11, 2019

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - Day 316 - GOD’S WORD IS LIFE


(Today’s Bible readings: 1 Chronicles 18:1-17; Psalm 119:49-56; 1 Corinthians 1:18-31)

49 Remember your word to your servant,
    in which you have made me hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
    that your promise gives me life.” (Psalm 119:49-50 ESV)

“You promised.” These are the words of an individual urging someone else to remember something they had promised to do. David is doing the same thing with God. He is calling on God to remember His promises, promises that David was counting on. David goes on to list the reasons he was counting on God.

● Only God can give us real hope for our future on earth and our future in heaven.

● Only God can give us comfort no matter what afflictions may come upon us.

● Only God can give us a full life now and in eternity.

So, like David, we pray:

O Lord, hear my prayer,
O Lord, hear my prayer;
When I call answer me.
O Lord, hear my prayer,
O Lord, hear my prayer;
Come and listen to me.
(O Lord, Hear My Prayer, Lutheran Service Book #780)

Lord, please remember me and bless my life with Your gift of eternal hope. O Lord, hear my prayer. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2019 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment