Sunday, May 3, 2020

May 4, 2020 - HOPE ON THE ROAD OF LIFE


Day 125 - (Today’s Bible readings:Nahum 2; Psalm 114; Luke 19:28-44 )

HOPE ON THE ROAD OF LIFE

22 And David spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. 2 He said,

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
3 my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation,
    my stronghold and my refuge,
    my savior; you save me from violence.
4 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies. (2 Samuel 22:1-4 ESV)

David’s faith-filled confession reveals his utter dependence on God. 

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer.... and I am saved from my enemies.” 

These words can give you real hope as you travel down the road of life. Jesus has saved you from your enemies too – your enemies of sin, death, the devil, your own sinful nature, and whatever else may be ruining your life. No, God does not promise you a perfect life on this earth, but He does guarantee the perfect peace that comes from sins forgiven, heaven guaranteed, and His constant presence in your life right now.

Dearest Lord Jesus, my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, thank You for the peace You have given me by cleansing me of my sin. Please continue to fill me with Your hope as you lead me down the road of life . Amen.

Link to St. Paul’s 9 am online Sunday Worship Service:
https://zoom.us/j/177003912
 password: 518940
Youtube link to all previously recorded services:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNFbkeFTQAhiGc7bafdvlPkfwnuiDfTQ9

 Link to Wednesday Online Bible Study 7 PM
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85832224078

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings from the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings
Then scroll down to 2020 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless your meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment