Friday, January 26, 2024

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - PATIENT PRAYING

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - Day 27 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Exodus 13-15; Matthew 19:1-15)

PATIENT PRAYING 

“Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long.” (Psalm 25:4-5 ESV) 

“David prays, ‘For You I wait all the day long.’ God promises to answer prayer, but we may be impatient or tempted to question His answers.  Even when our faithfulness fails, God is faithful.  He hears our prayers and truly acts for our good.  In faith, we patiently wait for Him.”  (Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 867) 

   1. Jesus, lead Thou on till our rest is won;  
And although the way be cheerless,
We will follow calm and fearless.  
Guide us by Thy hand to our fatherland.

   3. When we seek relief from a long-felt grief;  
When temptations come alluring,
Make us patient and enduring;  
Show us that bright shore where we weep no more.
(“Jesus, Lead Thou On,”  Lutheran Service Book #718)

God of my salvation, open my eyes to Your path and Your truth. Please grant me the patience to wait for You and the faith to believe Your promises. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment