Monday, January 1, 2024

Tuesday, January 2, 2024 - THE NINTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Tuesday, January 2, 2024 - Day 2 (Genesis 3-5; Matthew 2)

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 
 
THE NINTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

On the ninth day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Nine Ladies Dancing
(9 Fruits of the Spirit)
Eight Maids a-Milking
(8 Beatitudes)
Seven Swans a-Swimming 
(7 Gifts of the Spirit)
Six Geese a Laying
(Six days of Creation)
Five Golden Rings
(The Pentateuch... first 5 books of the Bible)
Four Calling Birds
(The 4 Gospels... Matthew, Mark, Luke and John)
Three French Hens
(The Holy Trinity... Father, Son and Holy Spirit)
Two Turtle Doves
(The Old and New Testaments)
A Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
(OUR LORD JESUS)

Why ladies dancing on the Ninth Day of Christmas?

On this day we remember the nine fruits of the spirit found in Galatians 5:.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.   (Galatians 5:22-23)

This looks like a pretty good list of New Year’s resolutions. May you be blessed as you “work” at these by prayer, meditation on the Word, and by helping others in the name of the Lord. Above all, stay close to Jesus, repent and believe.

Dear Holy Spirit, please work in my life in this new year so that I may be blessed by the Lord. Please make my heart pure as I hunger and thirst after Your righteous ways. Above all, remind me of sin and of my need for Jesus my Savior. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment