Thursday, June 13, 2024

Friday, June 14, 2024 - GOD MAKES THE CHOICE


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Friday, June 14, 2024 - Day 166 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Ezra 9,10; Acts 1)

GOD MAKES THE CHOICE

So one of the men who have accompanied us during all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from the baptism of John until the day when he was taken up from us—one of these men must become with us a witness to his resurrection.” And they put forward two, Joseph called Barsabbas, who was also called Justus, and Matthias. And they prayed and said, “You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have chosen to take the place in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place.” And they cast lots for them, and the lot fell on Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. (Acts 1:21-26 ESV)

As God chose Matthias to be the twelfth man, the disciple who replaced Judas, so God has chosen you to be His disciple. You can take great comfort in this fact.

God puts you in the right place, at the right time, for His right purpose.

“He chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.” (Ephesians 1:4 ESV)

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide...” (John 15:16 ESV)

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.” (Isaiah 43:1 ESV)

1 The gifts Christ freely gives He gives to you and me
   To be His Church, His bride, His chosen, saved and free!
   Saints blest with these rich gifts Are children who proclaim
   That they were won by Christ And cling to His strong name.
   (“The Gifts Christ Freely Gives,” LSB 602)

Heavenly Father, thank You choosing me to be one of Your followers. Please use me powerfully in Your service. And as ever, THY WILL BE DONE. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment