Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Thursday, June 27, 2024 - IS THIS ALL THERE IS?


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Thursday, June 27, 2024 - Day 179 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Job 13-15; Acts 8:26-40)

IS THIS ALL THERE IS?

“Man who is born of a woman is few of days and full of trouble. He comes out like a flower and withers;  he flees like a shadow and continues not...If a man dies, shall he live again?” (Job 14:1-2, 14 ESV)
 
Job’s suffering causes him to share some harsh sounding thoughts. Life is short. Is there life after death? Paul gives us the answer in Romans 7:24-25:

“Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

Jesus did, in fact, deliver us from death by His death and resurrection. And we are guaranteed eternal life with Jesus.

    1. Christ, the life of all the living, 
Christ, the death of death, our foe,
Christ yourself for me once giving 
To the darkest depths of woe:
Through Thy suff'ring, death, and merit 
Life eternal I inherit.
Thousand, thousand thanks shall be, 
Dearest Jesus, unto Thee.
(Lutheran Service Book #420)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for promising me eternal life with You. Use me to share Your promises with others so they, too, may be saved. And as ever, THY WILL BE DONE. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment