Friday, June 7, 2024

Saturday, June 8, 2024 - FAITHFUL HEZEKIAH / FAITHFUL YOU


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, June 8, 2024 - Day 160 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: 2 Chron. 29-31; John 18:1-23)

FAITHFUL HEZEKIAH / FAITHFUL YOU

Thus Hezekiah did throughout all Judah, and he did what was good and right and faithful before the Lord his God. And every work that he undertook in the service of the house of God and in accordance with the law and the commandments, seeking his God, he did with all his heart, and prospered. (2 Chronicles 31:20-21 ESV)

Hezekiah is an excellent example of faithfulness to God. “He did what was good and right and faithful before the Lord his God.”  May this be said of you as well.

Paul addresses faithfulness with these words”:
“11 The saying is trustworthy, for:
If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
12 if we endure, we will also reign with him;
if we deny him, he also will deny us;
13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful—
for he cannot deny himself.”

It is ultimately all about God’s faithfulness to us!

   1. O God, my faithful God,
True fountain ever flowing,
Without whom nothing is,
All perfect gifts bestowing:
Give me a healthy frame,
And may I have within
A conscience free from blame,
A soul unstained by sin.

   2. Grant me the strength to do
With ready heart and willing
Whatever You command,
My calling here fulfilling;
That I do what I should
    While trusting You to bless
The outcome for my good,
for You must give success.

   3. Keep me from saying words
That later need recalling;
Guard me lest idle speech
May from my lips be falling;
But when within my place
I must and ought to speak,
Then to my words give grace
Lest I offend the weak.

   4. Lord, let me win my foes
With kindly words and actions,
And let me find good friends
For counsel and correction.
Help me, as You have taught,
To love both great and small
And by Your Spirit's might
To live in peace with all.

   5. Let me depart this life
Confiding in my Savior;
By grace receive my soul
That it may live forever;
And let my body have
A quiet resting place
Within a Christian grave;
And let it sleep in peace.

   6. And on that final day
When all the dead are waking,
Stretch out Your mighty hand,
My deathly slumber breaking.
Then let me hear Your voice,
Redeem this earthly frame,
And bid me to rejoice
With those who love Your name.
(“O God, My Faithful God,” LSB 696)

Lord, please grant me the same faithful insight You gave to Hezekiah so that I, too, may seek You with all of my heart. And as ever, THY WILL BE DONE. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow morning!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment