Saturday, March 31, 2018

April 1, 2018 - FACT - CHRIST IS RISEN!


Day 91 - (Today’s Bible readings: Exodus 15:1–11; Psalm 118; 1 Corinthians 5:6–8; John 20:1–18)

“16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins... 19 If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.
20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:16-22 ESV) 

Today is both Easter Sunday and April Fools’ Day. The truth is that the real fool is the one who does not believe that CHRIST IS RISEN!

I know that my Redeemer lives; 
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;  
He lives, my ever-living head.

He lives, all glory to His name!  
He lives, my Jesus, still the same.
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives, 
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
(I Know That My Redeemer Lives, Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #461 stanzas 1+8)

Almighty God, my Heavenly Father, I thank You and praise You for raising Jesus from the dead and thereby proving that His death has paid for my sin and guarantees my life forever with You! As I sing Your praise and remember Your story this day, remind me to share it this week with others who also desperately need my risen Savior. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this Easter morning!

Pastor David Paape 

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment