Friday, March 9, 2018

March 10, 2018 - NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL


Day 69 - (Today’s Bible readings: Genesis 49:29-50:26; Psalm 65; Romans 1:1–17)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”   (Romans 1:16-17 ESV) 

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing! For the Christian, the main thing is the Gospel, God’s powerful account of salvation won by Christ for sinners like you and me.  It is all about saving faith. “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Iraqi Christians, facing persecution, losing everything, some even dying, are truly not ashamed of the Gospel. How about you?

   5. Ashamed of Jesus! yes, I may
When I’ve no guilt to wash away;
No tear to wipe, no good to crave,
No fears to quell, no soul to save.

    6. Till then - nor is my boasting vain - 
Till then I’ll boast a Savior slain,
And O may this my glory be,
That Christ is not ashamed of me!
(“Jesus! and Shall It Ever Be,” The Lutheran Hymnal, CPH 1941, #246, stanzas 5-6)

Heavenly Father, I, too, boast my Savior slain for me and for all sinners. Lord Jesus, please keep me close to You and so strong in my faith that You will never be ashamed of me. Amen. 

“See” you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment