Tuesday, March 13, 2018

March 14, 2018 - YOU MAY NOT BE ELOQUENT, BUT GOD IS


Day 73 - (Today’s Bible readings: Exodus 4:1-17; Psalm 69; Romans 3:21–4:12

10 But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” 11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.” (Exodus 4:10-12 ESV)

Moses responded to God’s call to lead His people with a litany of inadequacy. “I am not eloquent... I am slow of speech and of tongue.” In other words, he was telling God to find someone else. 

God patiently explains that He will give Moses the words to speak. Aaron is recruited to assist Moses in his new duties.

Do you ever feel inadequate, that you’re not up to the Lord’s plan for your life? Do the challenges you face in life keep you from fully serving the Lord? Then listen to these words of confidence from the mouth of Paul:

“I can do all things through him (Christ) who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13 ESV)

If thou but suffer God to guide thee,
And hope in Him through all thy ways,
He’ll give thee strength whate’er betide thee,
And bear thee through the evil days.
Who trusts in God’s unchanging love
Builds on the rock that nought can move.
(If Thou but Suffer God to Guide Thee, Lutheran Service Book, #750)

Dear heavenly Father, whenever I feel inadequate in my service to You, remind me of how You used imperfect Moses. Help me to focus on serving You by helping others in Your name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105 ), is the theme for this three-year journey through the entire Old Testament once (the Psalms - twice yearly), and the New Testament twice. There will be daily readings form the O.T., Psalms and the N.T. Special days on the church calendar will be highlighted with appropriate readings. This calendar has been compiled by representatives of the Lutheran Church of Canada, the North American Lutheran Church and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Please click this link for the daily reading calendar:
https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/lcms-lcc-and-nalc-compile-three-year-schedule-of-daily-bible-readings  
Then scroll down to 2018 Bible Reading Calendar and download it if you so wish. The “assigned” daily readings will appear on a daily basis in this blog. May the Lord bless you meditation upon His precious life-giving Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment