Tuesday, May 11, 2021

May 12, 2021 - THE WATER OF LIFE



Day 132 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: 2 Kings 4,5 John 4:1-30)

THE WATER OF LIFE

Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.” 11 The woman said to him, “Sir, you have nothing to draw water with, and the well is deep. Where do you get that living water?” ... Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water, so that I will not be thirsty or have to come here to draw water.” (John 4:10-15 ESV)

Water is basic need of life. The woman at the well was searching for H20. Jesus offered her something much more precious and necessary. The forgiveness of sins that He purchased for us all, quenches our spiritual thirst. 

1. Like the woman at the well I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy:
And then I heard my Savior speaking:
"Draw from my well that never shall run dry". 
Chorus
Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole! 

2. There are millions in this world who are craving
The pleasures earthly things afford;
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord. Chorus

3. So, my brother, if the things this world gave you 
Leave hunger that won't pass away,
My blessed Jesus will come and save you, 
If you heed to Him and humbly pray; Chorus

Lord Jesus, please quench this thirsting of my soul with the call to repentance and Your gift of saving faith. Thank You for being the water of life. Amen.
Pastor David Paape

Recording of St. Paul’s May 9, 2021 Sunday Worship (New Member Reception):


IN CHURCH SUNDAY SERVICE and Parking Lot Worship Service 9 am
both with Holy Communion
Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment